: -----Original Message-----
: From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:ActiveDir-
: [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz -
: SBS Rocks [MVP]
: Sent: Wednesday, 18 October 2006 10:45 AM
: To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
: Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] The remote computer has ended the connection.
:
: There is no line item in there for feedback on existing products in the
: current Connect.microsoft.com feedback.

I didn't read the whole thread. I saw Brian's post about WSUS 3.0 and assumed
it was an issue with WSUS 3.0, for which you can report bugs via Connect.

: You have to pay the $245 to start the call process... they will not set
: up a support case to take you to the next level to begin the
: investigation until you pay the Server call.

Well that seems to vary between countries then. I have been asked to supply
credit card details, but not been charged.

Additionally, as someone else mentioned, security hotfix support should be
free shouldn't it?

Chees
Ken

: I just paid it earlier today to get into the queue.
:
: Ken Schaefer wrote:
: >
: > You can report bugs via the Feedback/Bugs form at
: > http://connect.microsoft.com (you need a Passport/Live account to
: > signin, and if you haven't already, join the WSUS v3 open beta).
: >
: > PSS generally does not support products that are in beta - that is
: > handled by the product team. Different products have different
: > feedback mechanisms for reporting bugs. As the products moves closer
: > to release, support is transitioned across to PSS. If you have a
: > problem with a product that is PSS supported, and the problem is in
: > the Microsoft product, you do not have to pay $245.
: >
: > Cheers
: >
: > Ken
: >
: > --
: >
: > My Blog: www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken
: > <http://www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken>
: >
: > *From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Vinnie
: Cardona
: > *Sent:* Wednesday, 18 October 2006 7:08 AM
: > *To:* ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
: > *Subject:* RE: [ActiveDir] The remote computer has ended the
: connection.
: >
: > Don't have an account manager.
: >
: > WSUS3.0 beta is on our Dev side...UpdateExpert is on Prod.
: >
: > Thanks,
: >
: ---
: >
: > *From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Brian
: Desmond
: > *Sent:* Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:49 PM
: > *To:* ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
: > *Subject:* RE: [ActiveDir] The remote computer has ended the
: connection.
: >
: > *Do you have an account manager at MS? That's another avenue you can
: > take. *
: >
: > * *
: >
: > *WSUS3.0 is beta SW so shouldn't be running it in production. *
: >
: > * *
: >
: > *Thanks,*
: >
: > *Brian Desmond*
: >
: > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: >
: > * *
: >
: > *c - 312.731.3132*
: >
: > * *
: >
: > *From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Vinnie
: Cardona
: > *Sent:* Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:58 PM
: > *To:* ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
: > *Subject:* RE: [ActiveDir] The remote computer has ended the
: connection.
: >
: > Susan,
: >
: > We don't have a MS support contract. Unfortunately rebooting the
: > server was cheaper than paying MS $245.
: >
: > Never used WSUS until this month. I am currently running WSUS 3.0.
: >
: > Now for those of you who have experienced this bug and do not have a
: > support contract:
: >
: > Just contacted MS @ (800) 936-4900 (option 2) and asked if I can just
: > report a bug without having to pay and he informed me that I will
: have
: > to report the bug via mail to the development team. The address he
: > gave me was:
: >
: > Microsoft Corporation
: >
: > 1 Microsoft Way
: >
: > Redmond, WA 98052
: >
: > Attention would be to the Development Team. Include the product name
: > and bug.
: >
: > Susan...I think informing MS in some way or form of this potential
: /bug/
: > is a good idea...

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx