In this particular case, I have a model which "acts_as_mappable" - this 
plugin adds special geocoding-related options to AR::Base.find().  So I 
needed to filter my list based on a distance from a given point, and so 
I need to be able to pass these custom geocoding-related options.

I am going to submit a pull request for the patch I wrote.  Simply a 
method called "custom_finder_options" that gets invoked in AS's 
"find_page" method.  Here's the implementation for my particular case:

  def custom_finder_options
    @location_specified ? {:within => @within.to_i, :origin => 
[...@from_lat, @from_lng], :order => 'distance'} : {}
  end

Thanks for the help.

Wes


Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::. 
wrote:
> El Monday 23 March 2009 16:19:36 Wes Gamble escribió:
>   
>> All,
>>
>> I've decided that I have a requirement to pass arbitrary AR::Base.find()
>> options to the find that AS does in order to generate the "list" view.
>>     
>
> What you need pass which is not possible currently with 
> active_scaffold_conditions and active_scaffold_joins?
>
>
>   

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

  • Mo... Wes Gamble
    • ... Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::.
    • ... Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::.
      • ... Wes Gamble
        • ... Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::.

Reply via email to