Hi Ciprian,

> There is, though, an important thing which I think the policy needs to
> address. The broker should be allowed to discuss with ripe on behalf of his
> customers. It has happened several times that we had customers who don't
> understand english very well and many times they would just ask us to write
> the reply and they would simply copy/paste it. It would help if ripe would
> allow us to directly pass on information and answer ripe's questions.

Your customer can add you as an official contact in the LIR Portal if
necessary. That is the way LIRs can define who is permitted to speak on their
behalf. I have done that in the past: got added as a contact, handled the case
for them, and then was removed as a contact again. I can imagine that not all
LIRs are comfortable doing that, but in that case the communication should go
through the LIRs existing contacts anyway.

As there are already existing authorisation mechanisms for who can speak on
behalf of an LIR I don't see the need to create a new one specifically for
brokers.

Cheers,
Sander