From: address-policy-wg [mailto:address-policy-wg-boun...@ripe.net] On
Behalf Of Sander Steffann
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 1:37 PM
To: Ciprian Nica <off...@ip-broker.uk>
Cc: address-policy-wg@ripe.net Working Group <address-policy-wg@ripe.net>
Subject: Re: [address-policy-wg] 2015-04 New Version and Impact Analysis
Published (RIPE Resource Transfer Policies)

Hi,

> I'll be short as I'm assisting an interesting presentation ;)
>
> What I meant is that it's not "right" to be a contact person for them
since I'm not the one making decisions. I'm an interface and I should be
able to represent, help, interact but I feel by not allowing this, we're
going too far with the "contact person" trick (solution).

Well, the NCC needs to know who is authoritative to speak for the customer.
If it's you then you are a contact, if not then the NCC can not talk to you
because you're not authoritative. In that case you will have to assist the
LIR from the sideline. You can't have both at the same time.

Cheers,
Sander