You need to connect your camera with a firewire in order to do capture. 
First see if your video card supports firewire connection. Most of the
decent cards do. 
You should ask your computer guy to show you what a firewire looks like
 
D.
 
-----Original Message-----
From: sreedevik_nair [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 5:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [AP] Capturing Movie - Audio Trouble.
 

Dear Friends,

I am new to Adobe Premiere and movie capturing/editing. I have 
installed Adobe Premiere 6.5 in my system running on Windows 2000 
Professional. 

I am connecting my camcorder (Sony DCR-TRV 60 MiniDV) to my system 
via USB 2.0 port. I am using Adobe Premiere 6.5 to capture video to 
my HDD.

File -> Movie Capture (capture video & audio capture option selected)

But in the captured movie file, audio is not there ! After capturing 
it is showing an information box in which it says the captured file 
has got one video and one audio channel. But while playback I cannot 
hear anything.

I have tried the same capture in Windows XP in my same machine with 
similar settings and it is working, to my surprise. But in XP there 
is frame dropping because XP is consuming more memory. So my 
reasonable compromise would be Win 2000 rather than going for a RAM 
upgrade. But the problem is audio is not getting recorded in Windows 
2000. 

Could anyone sort out the problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Sreedevi Nair
Software Engineer
Technopark Campus
TVPM - 695582





Yahoo! Groups Sponsor


ADVERTISEMENT
 
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290k7ot8/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
D=groups/S=1708568768:HM/EXP=1096380682/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
p:/companion.yahoo.com> click here

 
<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=group
s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=342836146> 
 
  _____  

Yahoo! Groups Links
*         To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/
  
*         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
  
*         Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service. 


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to