Hi all, I`m learning Pro 1.5 and am doing a test music video. I`ve
been (mostly) happily importing mpeg2 files and the mp3 song, but
recently Pro has become quite unstable (it`s always been fickle, but
now it`s plain bitchy). Things like:
- is loading the project (less than 4 minutes worth but takes about 10
minutes to load). Only a few transitions, and a few jpeg image files
(with motion).
- sometimes crashes after trying to load the project.
- mostly loads the project though, but then is chugging away at the
hard-drive for another 40 minutes (no joke), making it unusable until
it finishes (it`s not saying it`s conforming or anything either... I
don`t know what it`s doing).
- If it does finish playing around, mostly the clips in the bins have
no preview thumbnails in the bin of the first frame... just black.
- insert a clip onto the timeline and there`s no audio shown on audio
track 1 (I have the mp3 file on audio track 2), but it plays fine in
any media player.
- It`s taken me ages to import the last few mpeg2 files (it would
crash often on import), and mostly when I do drag a file from the bin
to the preview monitor, it either makes the whole clip seem black when
playing it and then hangs after trying another clip, or it just hangs
anyway.
Probably a few other`s I`ve forgotten. I`ve really gotten alot of
CTRL-ALT-DEL action over the last few weeks.
I haven`t made any changes recently to bring that on, but have tried
the following to rectify it:
- updated Radeon Catalyst drivers.
- Enlarged the ram cache files alot, on 3 partitions. Not on the boot
partition though of course (where Prem is).
- most non-essential services stopped.
- It said in the event viewer that cevideo.ax caused some of the
problems, so I found it (Ulead dvd player) and killed it off. Searched
for all other .ax files not associated the Premiere and renamed them.
I really can`t think of what else I can do. It just seems that my
little 4 min project has gotten too much for it (or my pc) about
3`20" in.
Windows Xp Pro (SP2)
Athlon 2400
512mb ddr ram.
2 drives, the 2nd one is 120gb split into 2. All drives are NTFS
except for C: (fat32).
All suggestions appreciated. I really like Premiere, but it seems to
be very counter-productive atm due t
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/