Hi,
I work the sound system at our church, along with the video. We have a delay on
certain speakers( or you might say certain outputs). That is fairly standard
with a lot of church sound systems because of the distance involved in many of
the XLR cables. Yours sounds like it is a little less than a half a second.
That would be just about right.
Terry
cableguy032000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everyone....
I didn't think I would be posting again so soon with another
problem. Once before I had trouble with the audio and video being
pretty far out of sync after I captured to Premiere Pro. Thanks to
a few responses on the forum, I was able to change some of the
settings that I had that were related to my Matrox card and it
corrected the problem. Recently however, I captured an hour of
footage from a wedding that I shot and the audio and video were
slightly out of sync. Not as bad as last time, but still noticeably
out of sync. Since none of my settings have changed, I began to
look at anything else that was different about my setup. The only
thing that I could come up with was that instead of recording the
audio track directly to the camera through it's on-board microphone,
I recorded the audio to the camera through XLR cables from an output
off of the church's sound system. The XLR cable connecting the
soloist's microphone and the sound system was about 75 feet long.
Then the cable connecting the sound system to my camera was another
50 feet long. My question is, could that have caused a delay?
Maybe it was coincidental, but the audio was lagging the video by
about 10 or 12 frames.... not alot but just enough to be
noticeable.
I was able to line the audio back up properly, but I was still
curious if I could avoid having to do that again in the future.
Thanks,
Jeff
SPONSORED LINKS
Video production Video server Video streaming server Adobe premiere training
Adobe premiere pro Adobe premiere 6.5
---------------------------------
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
Visit your group "Adobe-Premiere" on the web.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the Sweet Life.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/