I do this on a regular basis.
I use "Max DVD to Avi Converter"
http://www.dvd-converter.com/
It cost $24.95 to buy.
If you don't buy and register, it still works.
It just makes you wait a few seconds for each step (nag screen)

I've used a few apps to convert .vob's and .ifo's to avi's.
This one lets you edit where the video starts and stops.
It has a feature that lets you edit out the commercials and
ads that frequently appear at the beguiling of DVD movies.
This feature is also cool if you only want to convert a small
portion of a movie.


Knuck

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Taky Cheung" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 09:16
Subject: Re: [AP] VOB files


> MPEG Mediator. It's free.. just Google it.
>
> You also need something like a Directshow DV-AVI filter (Panasonic offers 
> a free one) so you can convert the VOB to a DV-AVI codec. Other option 
> will be Indeo RAW, Uncompressed, or DIVX (set to max 1600kbps and 1 
> keyframe per second if you want to edit the clip in premiere).
>
>
>  ----- Original Message ----- 
>  From:   haecolim
>  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:15   AM
>  Subject: [AP] VOB files
>
>
> I have a number of DVDs of family movies which were   converted to DVD
> by a standalone DVD recorder.  Consequently, the   files are .VOB
> I want ti convert them to a format that Premiere can edit   with the
> least loss, and then burn them back to DVDs.
>
> I see a lot of   VOB to AVI or MPEG shareware.  Can anyon give me   some
> guidance?
>
> Mark from Albany






------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Most low income households are not online. Help bridge the digital divide today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to