Hello David,

  if partial incremental backups work, but full incrementals fail, this points
to a problem with the client.
Have you tried the clientoption "memoryefficientbackup" already for this
client? It might be that the number of files grew in the past and just hit the
memory boundaries of the client.

Always remember: IBM error messages aren't there to help YOU :-)

--
Michael Prix