-----Original Message-----
From: Unmoderated discussion of advanced .NET topics.
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thomas
Tomiczek
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 10:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ADVANCED-DOTNET] .NET vs Windows SP versioning?

> So, unless the SQL Server installer is working incorrectly
> (improbable, but not inconceivable,) XPSP2 didn't install the
> 2.0 framework.

Given that even your SQL Server 2005 BETA does

NOT NOT NOT install the .NET 2.0 framework, just a beta,

It is pretty clear that XPSP2 will NOT install the .NET 2.0 framework
beta.

MS has never pushed beta software through automatic updates.

As a matter of fact they would be utterly stupid to push early beta
software through this channel and would per definition be fully liable
for all damages caused buy such stupid actions.

Up to you everyone was taklking of the current 1.1 version of the .net
framework. Which - is something we all would love to be pushed out
further by Microsoft and which is NOT beta software.

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Software & Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
(CTO PowerNodes Ltd.)