[RateExceededError <rateName=RATE_LIMIT, rateKey=null, rateScope=ACCOUNT,
retryAfterSeconds=30>]

I have read the rate limits guide, but the issue is that the API is not
lifting the block after 30 seconds despite the API telling me to retry
after 30 seconds.
I also already have a standard account.

PS: This issue seems to be particular hitting me during peak hours, between
noon - 5pm EST is when I keep hitting these blocks and I can't seem to do
any requests (the 30 second retry is never lifted). Late nights though, all
my requests go through without issue. No idea what would be causing this.

Thanks

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 5:11:20 PM UTC-4, Vishal Vinayak (Adwords
API Team) wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> When you receive the RATE_EXCEEDED
> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/common-errors#RateExceededError.RATE_EXCEEDED>
>
> error, what do you see as the *rateName
> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/rate-limits#elements_of_rateexceedederror>
>  *in
> the error message? Also, since the rateScope in your error message is
> Account, that might mean that no matter which developer token is used to
> make the request, all requests to this account would be counted when
> calculating your limits. Anyway, I would recommend reading our guide on rate
> limits <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/rate-limits>
> for
> more details on the error. If you are hitting the limits too often, I would
> recommend upgrading your account to a Standard Access Account
> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/rate-limits#operational_limit_based_on_access_level>
> .
>
> Regards,
> Vishal Vinayak, AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/1b84c127-ea8a-4930-95de-6ebaed801fa2%40googlegroups.com.
  • Retr... Charles Michael
    • ... Charles Michael
      • ... 'Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
        • ... Charles Michael
          • ... 'Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
            • ... Charles Michael
              • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum