Hi, my scripts ran through the weekend with just a couple failures (it
worked after RetryAfterSeconds=30), but since this is the first business
day back, let's see if it fails during business hours. If it consistently
fails after 30 seconds, I'll send you a private message with the account
info.

Thank you.

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 10:32:56 PM UTC-4, Thanet Knack
Praneenararat (AdWords API Team) wrote:

> Hello Charles,
>
> I'm investigating this with engineering, so could you please send us your
> client customer ID via *Reply privately to author*?
> And if you happen to have SOAP logs containing *retryAfterSeconds*, could
> you please send that along to me too?
> Also, do you still face this situation consistently for everyday's peak
> time?
>
> Thanks.
> Thanet, AdWords API Team
>
> On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 6:09:17 AM UTC+9, Charles Michael wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I am the only developer with access to the API, so scenario #2 is
>> applicable. My main issue is that the retry after 30 seconds isn't actually
>> valid, it seems to be much longer and I can't really code a throttle if the
>> time being reported is inaccurate. The advice from the pages linked
>> basically says to wait 30 seconds, but when I do, I get the same error
>> right away. I don't want to trigger a longer ban, so I've instituted a halt
>> on my script when there's a rate exceeded error. Based on the load volume
>> you mentioned, that would make sense why I can run my script at night
>> without problems, but I should still be able to access it during peak hours
>> as well. Since the weekend is coming up, I'll give it a shot with a longer
>> sleeper in place, but it would be great to actually get an accurate figure
>> on how long to throttle the script by as the suggestion by google's api of
>> waiting 30 seconds isn't accurate.
>>

>> On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 4:30:13 PM UTC-4, Vishal Vinayak (Adwords
>> API Team) wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Charles,
>>>
>>> I can recommend a couple things:
>>>
>>> 1) Since the rateScope is ACCOUNT, could you confirm if your AdWords
>>> account is being accessed via another developer token or OAuth credentials
>>> (could be through another MCC that the AdWords account is linked to)?
>>> 2) If #1 is false, i.e. you are the only entity accessing your AdWords
>>> account in your application, I would recommend slowing down the number of
>>> requests that you send per second by following some of the strategies
>>> mentioned on this page
>>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/rate-limits#take_control>
>>> .
>>>
>>> Also, the number of queries that you can send to the API per second
>>> varies dynamically based on the current load on the servers. Hence you
>>> might see this error only during peak hours and the application might seem
>>> to work normally otherwise.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Vishal, AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/5bf2c35d-66ed-4145-b363-78f9cd4eda9b%40googlegroups.com.
  • Retr... Charles Michael
    • ... Charles Michael
      • ... 'Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
        • ... Charles Michael
          • ... 'Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
            • ... Charles Michael
              • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
                • ... Charles Michael
                • ... Charles Michael
                • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
                • ... Charles Michael
                • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
                • ... Charles Michael
                • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... vj