Once you've bought the hardware, you can put software on it, but the
question is can somebody else sell software that specifically requires you
to violate an EULA. Another interesting side note, is that Cambium doesn't
actually sell the firmware, that's free to download on their website for
anyone - what you have to buy is the license on the Cambium AP to let that
firmware connect to it.