It wouldn't surprise me, since they banned vented gas cans (they can only
sell the kind that vents through the spout now, which typically seem to
take about three hours to empty of 5 gallon can...), but I don't see how it
could work without having some kind of a vent. Maybe they replaced the
vented cover with some other type of vent?