Thanks Dave.. that helps me understand.

Donnie

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of David M
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:36 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Managed whole house mesh wifi

Heres How we do it..

I have come from a long time ago internet age as some of us here are. I
pre-fer to let the E400/E410/E600 do all the dirty work for wifi.

The R2xx series are just that simple SOHO routers they do not have the
ability as I know to mesh with the enterprise line of cnpilot.

I usually will let the R2xx series do all the gateway stuff and turn off its
wifi and use a small poe switch to plug the E4xx series into.

depending if separate nets for vlans are needed the we move to a mikrotik
for doing the fancy routing and firewalling.

Most of the time homes that are a little larger than 2500sqft will only need
one E400 centrally located so EZPZ install the R200 with a POE for the E4xx
series and rock on.

We just got in our first E430 wall plate so excited to see what it carries
in features, but I can say so far after looking at it Cambium has thought of
a few gotchas from past devices that imitate it.