Please see the Chinese flick "Wandering Earth". Coming soon to a Netflix near you.

On 2/28/2019 12:31 PM, Jason McKemie wrote:
I think we'll either have killed ourselves off long before then, or be able to move the entire Earth out of the way.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 11:20 AM Bill Prince <part15...@gmail.com> wrote:
Actually, when the sun becomes a red giant, it will engulf the earth, and the earth as a concept will cease to exist. So all that depleted uranium you may or may not be worried about will just become part of the remaining plasma of the sun.

part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 8:58 AM <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:
And in 5 billion years the sun will be a red giant and all life on earth will be long gone.

But the good news is, that half the depleted uranium that we will be storing out in the west desert will still be there in its pristine condition and the other half will have decayed into non radioactive lead.

Nothing but good news here today.

From: Jeremy
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 9:19 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Earthquake Fiber vs Microwave

Well, here in Utah we have all this lakebed sediment on the benches.  Liquefaction will likely end up putting your fiber 100' below the surface.  All of the towers will be on the ground as well....everyone will be dead....nobody will care about the Internets.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 9:48 PM <joseph.schr...@siaemic.com> wrote:
Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989...I was working for Kaiser Hospitals in their NOC on the 9th floor of a 21 story building in downtown Oakland when the earthquake hit...watched the Cypress freeway collapse outside the office window (horrible image)...at the time, Kaiser had their own private microwave network linking all their hospitals and medical office buildings in Northern California and we managed the network from the NOC in Oakland.

Happy to say that none of the microwave systems went down during/after the earthquake. All we lost were T1s coming in from PacBell (AT&T) (two blocks over from their Oakland CO) that were used for external timing. So we had a few clock slips, but the network was 100% operational. Had to make it up to Grizzly Peak at 3am to start the generator as the power went off and that site was on batter power, but the microwave links were not affected.

You can't guarantee that an earthquake or hurricane won't take out links, but you can mitigate much of that with implementing good designs with contingencies and maintaining your systems.
>>> Lewis Bergman <lewis.berg...@gmail.com> 2/25/2019 2:20 PM >>>
I don't have earthquake knowledge but I do know that when the US bombed the crap or of Iraq a huge amount O of fiber was destroyed by the percussion of the explosions. As a result all US bases that I know of were rebuilt using heavy rigid conduit. Cost the fortunes.

I doubt there is any direct correlation and I don't know if extremely rigid conduit would survive a quake better than anything else. I saw a documentary on it years back.