In another thread, Mark Radabaugh posted:

"For your next product..   Corrective optics for 450B high gain CPE!"

Mark, I'm not sure if you were serious, I suspect yes.

I know it's frustrating that the antenna gain is lower than the old
reflector dish, Cambium dropped the number on the spec sheet to 24 dBi, but
I think even that is optimistic, I think it's about 2 dB less than the old
combo which was supposed to be 25 dBi.  Lower antenna gain is going the
wrong way!  I don't care if it does have higher xmt power, that does nothing
for the downstream direction.

In calling for corrective optics, do you have any info or even a gut feel
for whether the problem is in the feed or the dish?  Is it as simple as the
dish is just too small?

Also, is it just the gain is low, or does the 450b hi gain have other
issues?  Like poor F/B or sidelobe performance or something?

I know the 450b mid-gain is frustrating because apparently Cambium doesn't
think a tight vertical pattern is important.  I keep wondering if a top and
bottom flap like on the old 2.4 Stingers would correct that.

Cambium seems to be sharing antenna designs between ePMP and 450, so the
same issues probably exist in the corresponding ePMP products.