LEO competition to rural ISPs is real as long as they can get and manage
the frequency and thus far that seems pretty real at least for the first
batch of providers.  I suspect at first that it should be a boon for wisps
looking to get backhaul. I know I would love to be able to drop a gig
"pipe" between me and any MDU or tower in the country on short notice.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 11:34 AM Bill Prince <part15...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's actually pretty close to the way it worked out. Who actually
> ended up with the spectrum? I think Sprint, come T-mobile (merger
> pending), and ultimately Softbank.
>

> bp
> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
>
> On 4/18/2019 9:23 AM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> > On 4/18/19 09:16, Mike Hammett wrote:
> >> I think most of it boils down to being under capitalized. They simply
> >> didn't have the money to build the network they said they would. I
> >> fault the cable companies and Intel for not putting up more funding.
> >>

> > Were they ever supposed to succeed, or was it a spectrum lease play
> > where they'd eventually bank enough EBS leases to sell?

Carl Peterson

*PORT NETWORKS*

401 E Pratt St, Ste 2553

Baltimore, MD 21202