Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 10:31 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT tis the season

They say success kills more businesses...   I say it is getting the $$
from people that does.  I know of about 5 people who set up businesses,
had fairly good success selling and totally failed at collecting.   I
used to work in sales engineering at some big companies ( IBM, ROLM )
and I couldn't believe the number of salesdroids that absolutely had no
sense of making a sale except giving away the product.  The customers
saw them coming a mile away ( basically the first phone call )..   These
sales would drag the district results in the toilet for the 6 months to
a year to get rid of the non-sales person and impact results for
years...   Usually a 4 to one ratio of salesdroit tries to success..
And these were for products that almost sold themselves...   Two
absolute needs in business, the ability to collect ( and twist and arm )
and the ability to fire..