Considering the size of it, and the fact that it's mostly made out of
relatively thick stainless steel, I have a hard time believing they can get
250 miles out of a 75kwh battery pack. Granted, Tesla has made huge
improvements in efficiency on the model S over it's lifespan, but 111 MPGe
would be the same as the current Model S, and it seems unlikely they'll get
that much better over the next couple of years. I think a 100kwh battery on
the base model is a lot more likely.

MPGe isn't exactly an accurate way of comparing the cost of an electric vs
gas vehicle... my model S is rated at 89 MPGe, but if I figure out what the
actual cost per mile is compared to current gas prices here, it works out
to the equivalent of around 50 MPG. But not too long ago, that would've
been closer to 70 MPG (and most likely will be again before too long), and
the cost of electricity is way more consistent than gas.