GPS only,  Glonass only, Galileo only, or a mix of all three.   It gets
more complex than that, as with good visibility, a GPS-only receiver is
typically better than a multi-GNSS receiver for timing purposes.

Someone replied to one of my replies on the nanog list pointing out that
GPS PRN (satellite number) 29 emitted an odd message starting at 20:39:47
UTC for about an  hour where a parameter which typically only increments
went backwards.   I need to do some more research to figure out if this
parameter never goes backwards or rarely goes backwards.    I also need to
dig deeper into the messages about that time to see if there were any other
anomalies.

After some sleep tonight, my project for tomorrow will be to dig through
various archives and also possibly run the actual transmitted messages
through the GPS sim to determine if I can replicate this on the bench.
 I'm hopeful that I can reliably

- Forrest