From: "Seth Mattinen" <se...@rollernet.us>
To: af@af.afmug.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:17:24 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Aakami

On 2/12/20 11:02, Mike Hammett wrote:
> Like most CDNs and large networks, they certainly have operational
> issues. I've heard of one major market where they've been out of patch
> panel space for months. That could be a facility issue as well.

No facility issues. HE sent me all the emails when I asked them why they
hadn't peered with Akamai yet towards the end of last year. Literally HE
asked for one thing and Akamai did something else. When HE was all No,
actually that's not the right city, then Akamai was like Oh then what
did you mean? It was like can you not read the original request that
clearly stated the location?

It annoyed me because it was the largest peer that could have driven
traffic and Akamai was full on incompetent on their side. It was a
reversal from the experience I had when it was set up.