So you tolerate the vegan's diet as long as they tolerate your nudism?

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 12:30 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: online k12 homeschool options

They do trend weird.  In fact, I'd say homeschoolers range from a little weird
to effin cray-cray.

There are some whose kids have weird health conditions the school can't
accommodate.  Like an extreme allergy or an unusual disability.  These are
usually fairly sane.

The religious homeschoolers are often trying to protect their children from the
perils of the sinful world around them, and those are some of the less crazy
ones.  However, some of the religious ones are flat-earthers and young earth
creationists who don't want their children brainwashed with secular sciences
and/or have a persecution complex.  The school teaches facts like evolution and
the earth being round, so therefore it's persecution.

There are also people with weird lifestyles that the school system won't
accommodate.  These could be vegans, nudists, or almost any other kind of
weirdo you can imagine.  I'm not judging, I'm just sayin that they are, by
definition, weird.  They're generally relatively safe and normal.  I don't
worry about them doing or saying anything too insane, and I get along just fine
with the vegans in particular.  You just have to make sure to make something
they can eat when they come over.

There are some who have, shall we say, "less mainstream" notions about how
school should work.  "Radical un-schooling" for example.   If you read about
unschooling I think it's a method that really could work well for the right
type of curious and self-motivated kid & parent.  It also may result in a kid
who's 12 and can't friggin read because his "un-schooling" curriculum is video
games and TV.....I exaggerate, but only a little.

And finally, just to put the fear of God into you, there was one home school
family in the co-op who I suspect are child abusers.  You see, school is full
of mandated reporters, but if you're at home then there's nobody to see the
evidence (and I won't elaborate on this).

So if you join a co-op or otherwise link up with other homeschool families just
be sure to practice your poker face, because you'll hear some weird shit.

-Adam