I'm not calling anybody stupid, but I don't agree with most of your list.

On 7/23/2021 3:37 PM, David Coudron wrote:

Here is what I find particularly challenging about suggesting that folks who have chosen not to take the vaccine are not that smart.

 1. Folks who do that never talk about that fact that this is not an
    FDA approved medicine/vaccine.   I took the Moderna vaccine, the
    paperwork clearly stated several facts.  Among them are:
     1. This is not FDA approved.

It has an emergency use authorization.  FDA approval takes a long time, but around 90% of the submissions end up approved because they are pretty well tested by the manufacturer before they apply. Anybody applying for FDA approval already has a pretty good idea whether it's going to go through or not.  Presumably people on a no-fly list don't routinely show up at the airport expecting to board a plane.  Presumably people don't try to get a CDL if they know they'll fail the drug test.  Same idea.

    1.

     2. This “vaccine” has not been proven to prevent the virus. While
        we likely all agree that there is a very good likelihood that
        this “vaccine” will help prevent it, it is far from a proven fact.

99% of people dying of Covid right now are un-vaccinated.  We can split hairs and say maybe it didn't prevent them from becoming infected, but it clearly prevents them from dying.

    1.

 1. The argument is, “there should be no reason to think this vaccine
    isn’t safe since people aren’t dying from taking the vaccine”.

I've never heard such an argument.

 1.   Vaccines are a risk/reward type of medical treatment.   Every
    medicine you take has some level of side effect.   The vast
    majority of medicines have such negligible side effects, that they
    are considered completely safe.   The FDA approval process exists
    to ensure we understand the potential of serious side effects and
    drug interaction issues.   If you are 30 years old and folks are
    saying you have to take this experimental drug to prevent this
    incredibly small chance of you becoming seriously ill or dying, it
    seems like an intelligent thing to say “I am not sure the risk of
    getting seriously ill or dying from this disease outweighs the
    risk of using an experimental drug”.   It used to be that people
    relied upon a conversation with their doctor to determine personal
    risk of disease and use of a drug.    Apparently we no longer do
    that.   We publicly shame people into using experimental drugs.

 1. Since it is not FDA approved, we don’t have a full understanding
    of drug interactions with other medicines folks need to take.

It isn't some weird new chemical we just invented this year.

 1. We likely understand the very common medicines, but, certainly not
    all.   We have FDA approval processes for good reason.   If for
    example, you were under 40 and were taking seizure control
    medication, it would be very fair to hold off on an experimental
    drug until it is fully understood if the vaccine might lessen the
    effectiveness of the seizure control medication.   An incredibly
    low risk of serious illness or death from the virus could turn
    into a good chance of serious injury from seizure.   As far as I
    know data like that is certainly not available yet.

 1. Why do vaccinated people feel the need to belittle those that have
    decided not to get vaccinated by an experimental drug?

I don't know the answer to that.  I'm not comfortable with that behavior either.  It goes both ways though.  Plenty of memes out there accusing people of being dumb sheep for taking the vaccine.