The solution is and always has been to keep bad guys from getting guns. It's much cheaper than hardening every public place. Why do you want to make school a prison? Barbed wire fences, one door, armed police or guards, etc. That's literally prison. Kids shouldn't have to deal with that.

They should be able to go to a happy and pretty school campus and not be shot by a crazy male American. This means making guns harder to purchase, period!

If you only harden schools, how are you going to do the same to every other public space like stores, theaters, stadiums, etc. You aren't. Again, it's back to guns.

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022, 1:38 PM <dmmoff...@gmail.com <mailto:dmmoff...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    That’s a fancy way to say you only get to lose a gunfight once.

    *From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com
    <mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>> *On Behalf Of *Chuck McCown via AF
    *Sent:* Monday, June 06, 2022 1:49 PM
    *To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com
    <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>>
    *Cc:* Chuck McCown <ch...@go-mtc.com <mailto:ch...@go-mtc.com>>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT - here I go again...

    I have been shot at, but never been in combat.  I don’t carry a
    weapon because I don’t want that option.  That option is one of
    the initial starting conditions of a higher order ordinary
    differential equation.

    I prefer a linear equation.

    If a firefighter is armored such that they can probably survive a
    gunshot, that would steer their thinking toward rescue over taking
    out the shooter.  Let the cops do that.