That sounds like something your billing system should do, given that you want 
it to also handle paying their bill. 




----- 
Mike Hammett 
Intelligent Computing Solutions 
http://www.ics-il.com 



----- Original Message -----

From: "Sterling Jacobson via Af" <[email protected]> 
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:43:40 AM 
Subject: [AFMUG] Network Monitoring in the 2010's 

What I really want is an integrated system that isn't stuck in the 90's. 

I want the customer to have an app on their phone that tells them when their 
network is having issues and why. 
I want it to also remind them to pay their bill and provide a lazy/easy way to 
do that. 

I want that same system to have an engineer app that tells us when nodes fail 
and why. 

So if a node goes down and it's important, it should show up on my phone and I 
can take action. 
One of those actions would be to message to outage impacted customers the ETA 
to fix etc. 

Emails from Cacti don't count. 

Reply via email to