Do any of you do speed guarantees for residential? We don't, it's a best effort service.

Back when I had TWC in the lower48, I had 50/5. I never broke 15Mb, ever. I called to complain, as was literally told they could not file a complaint with tier2 support unless I was UNDER the 4Mbps magic number, despite having their most expensive package in my area at the time.

:: Josh Reynolds, CIO, SPITwSPOTS - Pardon any brevity, this message was sent via mobile device

On Feb 16, 2015 7:59 AM, Ken Hohhof <[email protected]> wrote:
I guess another question is what speed does the wireless carrier guarantee?  Sure, you did a speedtest and got 20Mbps.  But if next week it drops to 10Mbps, can you call the carrier and insist they send a tech out to fix it, or that they upgrade the capacity on your local tower?  Is there any speed guarantee at all?  Probably not.  It’s a best effort service.
 
 
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] LTE Speed
 
I would explain the difference in your service and theirs first (e.i. data caps, reliable speeds, a physical connection, etc. ) If you have a faster package let them know. If LTE really is faster for them and they don't get the differences then they will have to make that call for themselves. They may drop you and rely on their LTE but they will learn real quick whether or not it really is better. They will either comb back with a renewed respect for your service or be gone forever. In the end you can't save people from themselves.
 
-Ty
 
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Matt <[email protected]> wrote:
How do you respond to a customer on your cheapest package that
complains there LTE phone is faster then there wireless connection
they purchased?  I think they are near a tower and are getting
something like 20+ mbps speed test on LTE.
 

Reply via email to