>From my basic knowledge of electronics and taking apart radios, anything
above 28-36V needs a transformer and support circuitry instead of just a
voltage regulator IC, that entails a big jump in the price and board
complexity of the power supply. The AirFiber5X's FPGA is capable of
500mbits of OFDM, certainly that is not cheap so I think they're trying to
limit the bells and whistles to get it selling at only $400.