I just get the cheapest wildcard cert from NameCheap. 



----- 
Mike Hammett 
Intelligent Computing Solutions 
http://www.ics-il.com 



----- Original Message -----

From: "Paul Stewart" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2015 6:05:37 AM 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] our shiny new website 


>That is all so confusing. First, that's 90% off Comodo's own pricing, why 
>would Comodo allow a reseller to sell their product as such a deep discount? 

Have no idea :) But it would help if I gave you the right name... duh... sorry. 
Namecheap.com is the correct company - 
https://www.namecheap.com/security/ssl-certificates/domain-validation.aspx 

>It's also amazing that all it takes to get an SSL cert is to receive email 
>sent to the Whois contact. That seems very rigorous. 

Most SSL providers will do this for their "basic cert" offering. For my 
purposes, cheap is good. I have a hard time justifying the more expensive 
certs.... 

Paul 


-----Original Message----- 
From: Paul Stewart 
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2015 2:44 PM 
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] our shiny new website 

There's been a few of those come and go ... this one has solid backing. I 
guess my question though is why does it have to be free? I'm paying $9/yr 
for SSL certs right now - just bought two this morning. Comodo via 
NameSecure .... 

They are basic domain validated SSL certs - which is fine for the purpose 
I'm using them for.... 

-----Original Message----- 
From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Christopher Tyler 
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 4:32 PM 
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] our shiny new website 

Something to keep on your radar.. 
Free SSL certs starting "Mid-2105".. https://letsencrypt.org/ 

-- 
Christopher Tyler 
MTCRE/MTCNA/MTCTCE/MTCWE 
Total Highspeed Internet Services 
417.851.1107 

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ty Featherling" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 3:13:41 PM 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] our shiny new website 

Thanks Paul we are currently working on getting real certs and I will 
recommend going SSL only with redirect. 

-Ty 

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Paul Stewart <[email protected]> wrote: 

> Not bad at all… Wordpress powered (which I am a fan of if done right) 
> 
> 
> 
> Minor suggestion .. SSL is enabled on your site but with self signed 
> cert. If you’re serious about SEO, then force customers to use only 
> SSL version (through redirect) and put a good cert in place. Google 
> rankings are effected by having SSL only versions of websites J 
> 
> 
> 
> When you setup SSL, test it against https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ 
> and keep working at it until you get a grade “A” 
> 
> 
> 
> Cheers! 
> 
> Paul 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> *From:* Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Ty Featherling 
> *Sent:* Friday, April 10, 2015 3:23 PM 
> *To:* [email protected] 
> *Subject:* [AFMUG] our shiny new website 
> 
> 
> 
> After hiring a new guy for tech support that turns out to be quite 
> savvy at web-design, we turned him loose on our crappy website. We 
> have been live with the new one for about a week and I am very pleased 
> with it. Please check it out and let me know if you see anything of 
> concern. 
> 
> 
> 
> www.zeecon.com 
> 
> 
> 
> -Ty 
> 




Reply via email to