DC power supplies rarely care if there is another source of voltage that the power supply sees on it's input. It is not unusual for a AC/DC supply to have to power up into an existing potential. Many DC loads, on a brief power interruption, still have significant voltage that the power supply is going to see when AC returns.

* This comment is general and may not apply to every power supply *

From experience the only supply I know that won't deal with power on the output is one of the larger MeanWell AC/DC 48V supplies. The internal voltage regulator is too slow to respond and ramps the voltage up over the high voltage limit and shuts the power supply down if it's powered up when there is already a battery voltage on the output. If you power up the supply and then add the battery it's fine - but not very practical.

Every other AC/DC supply I have tried has worked fine doing what you are asking to do.

Mark