From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Forrest Christian (List
Account)
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2015 4:49 PM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cambium 450 and ePMP with Packet Flux Gear

I'll let others speak to the stability (as a couple already have).

A few months ago there was an issue with a mutual customer of mine and
cambium's which was having sync problems with an epmp radio.   To date, I don't
know if the problem was with the epmp, or with the injector, or with a gps
lock, or whatever.       I can't say that sync is a perfect thing - from time
to time, gps modules act weird, injectors don't inject, and AP's don't work
right - no matter which product you have.  When sync does bad things, it
behaves badly.  For all I know, in this case my product *might* have been at
fault.  Or not.  It's not important for the rest of the story....

In any case, somehow this problem morphed into a statement that somehow the
SyncInjectors had some sort of systemic issue which lots of wisps were
experiencing.   I was not particularly amused by this, particularly since I had
no communication from cambium at all in relation to this.... After some back
and forth with my internal contact at cambium I was informed that a) that they
were tracking some *potential* issue with external sync (usually with a
syncinjector) on the ePMP and b) that they hadn't had the time to figure out if
it was packetflux-specific or a general issue yet, and that if they determined
it was related to my product they'd contact me back.  So far, no call back, and
I haven't heard any more similar complaints - and I've had interactions with a
lot of people who use this regularly with ePMP with no known issues.  I also
haven't seen anything sync-related in the release notes since that time.

-forrest

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 6:45 AM, Tyson Burris @ Internet Communications Inc