I’ve used a UBNT picostation for things like this before

Daniel White

(303) 746-3590

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Forrest Christian (List
Account)
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 1:53 PM
To: af
Subject: [AFMUG] Portable Wifi Bridge and/or Router.

Question for those of you who deal with WiFi devices a lot more than I do:

I am in the market for a small WiFi access point which I can use primarily to
connect a small Ethernet network to wireless devices (tablets, phones).  This
is a trade show application - aka 2-3 Ethernet demo devices attached via WiFi.
 I'm looking for small, light, and although battery would be nice occasionally,
"wall power" is a must, even if it is just leave it plugged into the charger
while operating.  I'm going to be flying with this device so I don't want
something large and clunky.

Bonus for a device which will also act as a wifi client/nat router at the same
time....  aka act as a "WISP client" AND at the same time act as an AP.   Not
sure if this exists or is even possible with current hardware.....   If not, if
there's a teensy wisp client out there with ethernet for this type of
application, feel free to point me there...

My fallback position is probably a RB951, although the new hAP light product is
intriguing (not sure if it is even shipping yet).

--

Forrest Christian CEO, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.

 <mailto:forre...@imach.com> forre...@imach.com |  <http://www.packetflux.com/>
http://www.packetflux.com

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>   <http://facebook.com/packetflux>
<http://twitter.com/@packetflux>