No, silly, for UBNT radios.  What I’m asking is since it’s similar to the new
Cambium one, why don’t UBNT based WISPs complain about the POE?  Because it’s
free with the radio and why look a gift horse in the mouth?  Because it’s all
they’ve every known so they don’t miss it?  Because they have smarter customers?

From: Josh Luthman
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 6:06 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] [WISPA Members] Canopy POE end of life :-/

Who would use a Ubnt POE for Cambium radios?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343

On Jun 25, 2015 6:52 PM, "Ken Hohhof" <af...@kwisp.com> wrote:

  Why doesn’t anyone seem to have the same complaint about the Ubiquiti POEs?

  Maybe because they come with the radio so you might as well use them?  Plus
they have cool white LEDs?  Plus now a wallmount bracket (but that has to be
ordered separately unless you get an AF5X).

  One thing you could do is buy a bunch of yellow patch cords and some
self-adhesive yellow sticky dots.  Hopefully the cavemen can match up the
yellow cord with the yellow dot.  Or use a dab of hotmelt glue so they can’t
unplug it.  I know, it still means paying more for something you still don’t
like as well as the old one.

  Maybe if they put in a current indicator LED like the Tycon CI series, we
find that really helps with troubleshooting over the phone.

  I much prefer AC cords to wall warts, but that’s a personal preference.