When you run the Mikrotik bandwidth test, what are the packet loss and latency like? The two tests might use different criteria, Mikrotik measuring "goodput", while speedtest.net looks for the point at which it senses congestion. Just a thought.

-----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 4:50 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] Speedtest.net and EPMP

I've had a chance to work a little more with Speedtest.net and EPMP.  No
matter what I do, I cannot get a speedtest above 20x5 over an EPMP link.

I have an I3 server, setup with routing over EPMP (with Vlan) or Af5,
OSPF Controlling the routing.  They are terminating into the same router
at the tower.  The server stays on the same IP no matter which path is used.

Quick Drawing

        Server

       Mikrotik 1
           / \
         /   Vlan 1001
       /         \
    AF5       EPMP SM
     |              |
     |              |
    AF5       EPMP AP (PMP)
        \         /
          \   Vlan1001
            \ /
        Mikrotik 2

To the Internet, and beyond!

Over the AF5, I'm getting 90-100mb sync (Expected based on channel
size).  When I switch the traffic to the EPMP, it maxes at 20x5.  I have
tried Disabling QOS entirely in the EPMP AP, and there are no Queues
setup in any Mikrotik (and the Server IP Address is staying the same
over each link)  The Wireless Link test from the EPMP SM to the AP
reports 55x30.  A Mikrotik bandwidth test from 'The Internet' to the
Mikrotik in front of the server yields 50x12 over the EPMP. But every
Speedtest.net run over the EPMP only gets 20x5.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing, I'm just not sure what. Since
All Customer's care about is what the speedtest.net number says, anyone
know what I am missing?

Nate