From: Ty Featherling
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2015 4:54 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Platypus + paperless

We are trying hard to reduce/eliminate all of the data entry of entering new
customers after installation. Currently they fill out a paper contract form,
collect payment for the installation, and turn that in at the office. We then
process them individually using the customer wizard to create a new customer in
Plat and then manually fill in all of the data, create invoice for
installation, and set their billing rates. We would much rather have the
installer fill all of that same data from the contract out in digital format
that can then be imported somehow into platypus to do almost all, if not all of
the customer creation steps. As we grow faster and faster the paperwork is
getting to be a serious load.

Has anyone else solved this problem with Platypus? If not does anyonw know of
an avenue I might look into? We hope to turn this solution into a way for the
customer to sign their contract digitally but that is secondary to the main
task.

-Ty