From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Nate Burke
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 4:59 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] And you thought gamers were grumpy about Latency Before

http://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-launches-geforce-now-game-streaming-service

No more Pesky Downloading games to your console, use the 'Netflix' of Video
Games...

"To use GeForce NOW, you�ll need to meet a number of requirements.
First, you�ll need an NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV, SHIELD portable, or SHIELD
tablet (with the latest software updates installed) and a SHIELD-approved 5GHz
router. The latest SHIELD Hub app from the Google Play store must be installed.
And your broadband connection must offer download speeds of at least 12Mb/s.
20Mb/s is recommended for 720p / 60 FPS quality, and 50Mb/s is recommended for
1080p / 60 FPS. You must also have a 60ms or lower ping time to a GeForce NOW
server, though 40ms or lower is recommended. "

I like how they refer to that as 'Broadband Connection' Sounds more like DIA to
me, since it's continuous sustained traffic. I'm guessing buffering or caching
video games doesn't work well.

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone at 630-818-1000.