How about the new Cambium line of cnPilot routers? They look interesting. On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Adam Moffett <[email protected]> wrote:
> I agree with Mikrotik as long as the ISP owns and manages it. If you're > *selling* it to the customer I think you need something simpler because > most people can't be trusted not to do something awful like put a hotspot > service on the WAN interface. > > > On 10/7/2015 12:36 PM, Paul McCall wrote: > > Really hard to beat a Mikrotik, unless you need/want 5 Ghz, which they > really don’t have a complete consumer product for. > > > > Putting Tik’s in everywhere was the best thing we ever did to improve > customer performance, satisfaction, and we can troubleshoot almost anything > with them in the house. > > > > Paul > > > > *From:* Af [mailto:[email protected] <[email protected]>] *On > Behalf Of *Brett A Mansfield > *Sent:* Wednesday, October 07, 2015 12:31 PM > *To:* [email protected] > *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Consumer routers? > > > > I've had very bad luck with Belkin, D-Link, Asus (the worst), linksys, and > low end netgear. I've had great success with the higher end netgear and the > 3rd through 5th gen Apple AirPort Extreme. Prior to the 3rd gen and the 6th > gen (latest) airports are junk. So I'm with you, pretty much every consumer > grade router is trash now. > > Thank you, > > Brett A Mansfield > > > On Oct 7, 2015, at 9:58 AM, Glen Waldrop < <[email protected]> > [email protected]> wrote: > > Are there any consumer routers that don't suck these days? > > I used to recommend Linksys/Cisco, but since the Belkin buyout quality > seems to be going down. They jink with teh firewall and I can't block > specific outgoing traffic, can't remote admin anymore, etc... > > >
