Nixon was conservative, but  with him  trying to cover up his crooked tail,
we never saw much of anything from him.  He was truly ineffective.  Ford
 and Bush??  Hahaha.  Not conservative  RINO.  Reagan, a different story.
He wasn't perfect, but in his heart he held conservatism high.  There is
only one way to preside and that is to work  with the other side some.
That's when he had to give up his far right position some  Nixon is the
only conservative that had any bearing on this country in the last 50
years.  I should say conservative bearing!