The difference between a .40, .45 & 9mm is minor.  if you miss vitals then it
is not a killing shot and if you hit vitals any of them are completely deadly.
The .45ACP offers a tiny bit more width so it is “easier” to just clip a vital
thing but I’d rather have a few extra shots then a few extra thousands of an
inch of diameter in a wound.   And don’t believe any of the “knockdown”
arguments.  Every action has an equal and opposite reaction… if the gun doesn’t
knock you down it won’t the other person either.  People have been shot by much
much bigger bullets then found in any handgun and fallen toward the shooter.
If someone is nocked down it is because they fell.  My bedside handgun is a
SpringField XDM 9mm that holds 20 rounds (19+1)… I would much rather have that
then a 6+1 .45ACP, you can always carry extra magazines for either but 20
rounds should get me to my shotgun even if I am just scarring a supposed home
invader with bangs.

Get the gun you enjoy and if it is for carry make sure it’s comfortable to keep
on you.  Even a .22 magnum is a deadly gun and much better then a hand cannon
that you left at home because it is uncomfortable.

Sincerely,
Joshaven Potter
MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE, UACA
Google Hangouts: yourt...@gmail.com