here is a nice write-up if someone wants to get more ideas on redundancy !

http://robert.penz.name/779/howto-setup-a-redundant-and-secure-bgp-full-table-internet-connection-with-mikrotik-routers/

As the network grows, needing to do maint. tends to be the # 1 reason for a
complex redundant setup
:) (irrespective of whose devices you are using... some of the larger Juniper's
and Brocade's offer dual controllers which allows for the router to seamless
flip between one side vs the other, that is something very neat... having seen
that in our old Riverstone Routers...except for the price difference...)

Regards

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street