Well, I mean the difference essentially comes down to vertical pattern and beamwidth. KP has gain and that's great. But we always run into a situation where we put a sector at 200 feet or more to try to get 10 miles out, but there's potential customers pretty close to the tower. The null fill with the OEM antenna takes care of that.

I guess the only other difference would be horizontal beamwidth. Cambium makes it pretty clear that you're getting -6dB rated antenna and you'll probably see a cloverleaf pattern in a 4x90 setup. And KP says, hey, this is a true -3dB 90.

On 5/3/2016 9:41 AM, Ben Royer wrote:
George,
We are trying both sectors, I’m interested to know your findings more specifically on the two options.
Thank you,
Ben Royer, Operations Manager
Royell Communications, Inc.
217-965-3699 www.royell.net
*From:* George Skorup <mailto:geo...@cbcast.com>
*Sent:* Monday, May 02, 2016 11:01 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] PMP450 Install - Drone
I think he means the 450i integrated 90 degree sector AP. Matt said that's not the best choice for frequency reuse due to the relatively low F/B ratio on that antenna. That's what the connectorized AP is for... clusters.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the KP antennas. We've use quite a few of them. However, we've found that the Cambium/Laird/Anatel/whatever the hell they are now OEM sectors with null-fill work the best. That's just my opinion. Do we like paying out the ass for an antenna... no, but it works for us.