  From: fiber...@mail.com
  To: af@afmug.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 6:37 AM
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] The latest gig city

  > One subscriber at the gig level....
  >
  > http://spectator.org/alabamas-gig-city-has-one-gigabit-broadband-subscriber/
    Clickbait. I really hate poorly written articles like these. There are
plenty of reasons for and against municipal broadband. If you have a beef with
muni broadband, at least put some effort in it and come up with some valid
critique. Don't just produce blogspam like this.

    I guess it just isn't sexy to report that they have a take rate of about
25% and are on track to be profitable within five years. Focusing on the number
of gigabit subscribers at $500 per month, when there's a reasonable offering of
services between $35 and $100 per month, just makes the reporter seem petty.
It's almost like they have an agenda to push, facts be damned, ...

  Jared