Good to know, thanks.

In Canopy FSK I remember getting re-regs from people on the side of a sector...seemingly regardless of how hot their RSSI was. In Wimax I sometimes see fluctuations of 5-10db in the same circumstance.

I guess I'm just reaching for explanations.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com>
To: "Animal Farm" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 9/20/2016 1:00:47 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Antenna side lobes...do they move much?

They would be rock solid if nothing is moving in the nearfield of the antenna. However your particular antenna will have lobes in slightly different positions and magnitudes. The plot you get is the antenna that was hand tweaked and tested on the range. Production models vary a bit from antenna to antenna.

This is kind of like the pattern your headlights cast on your garage door. You will see bands and irregularities on the edges of the light pattern. They really don’t move but are a function of how the light was sealed together.