Ok, good to know. Thanks.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Mathew Howard" <mhoward...@gmail.com>
To: "af" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 9/21/2016 12:39:15 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] PAL bidding

Kind of... if you don't actually have radios active, the SAS will still let GAA users use your channels, so buying up all the PALs wouldn't stop anyone else from using it unless you actually built something. Also, there are limits on how many PALs any one entity can own in a census tract.

Last I heard, the auction rules hadn't really been figured out yet. They were originally saying that they wouldn't auction any PALs unless there were at least two bidders, but I think they changed that now. It seems to be expected that a lot of PALs in rural areas won't ever get bid on.