Rise usually offers cancelling customers 300GB of DATA USAGE to stay (up
from their usual 250GB).  If they are struggling to provide 15Mbps, how can
they offer them 300Mbps?  According to this page, it is acceptable for
their 15Mbps plan to run at 2Mbps during peak times.
http://risebroadband.com/legal/open-internet-statement-and-policy/

I would think this is a case of the customer not understanding the
difference between speed and data usage.