luckily they happened to find a machine he could access on the local
network/subnet and found it.
I find it humorous that i was sitting in my garage building stuff for my
crummy job at a podunk isp walking a guy at a multibillion dollar company
through circumventing "security" to gain access to a device a guy who makes
3 times what I make couldnt bother to verify before he sent it halfway
across the country to be a component of a critical monitoring system, all
via facebook messenger.