I've been seeing and hearing about this issue with several UBNT radios; locos, nanostations, rockets. I suspect that there is some production issue with too little of something, or too much of something else.

None-the-less, I think it would be wise to put some sort of protective cover over those displays..

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>