My church only takes dollars...

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Lewis Bergman
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:49 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: AAPL

I use this tax strategy years ago and it enabled me to donate more money and
pay less tax.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016, 3:45 PM Jon Langeler <jon-ispli...@michwave.net> wrote:

  Thanks for the tips! AAPL may be a good buy right now but not a steal

  Jon Langeler
  Michwave Technologies, Inc.

  > On Oct 12, 2016, at 12:07 PM, Travis Johnson <t...@ida.net> wrote:
  >
  > I'm all in on AAPL at $114 (a few weeks ago). Keep blowing up those phones
Samsung... LOL

  > This is a longer term investment... making 2% dividends is better than most
bank CD's or savings accounts, and Apple has made a 16% annual return over the
last 5 years. Even if their stock just holds (which it won't now because of the
Samsung thing, etc), it's making 2% and it's still "liquid" according to the
banks, which helps on personal financial statements.

  > AND, the new hip thing to do is donating stock to your church as a
charitable donation. You don't have to pay the tax on the increase if you sold
it first, you just transfer it at the current value. Amazing the tax tricks
these church going people come up with... LOL