The ones we were shown were fully mechanical.  Similar to a camlock but much
cheaper.

From: Carl Peterson
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 7:51 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] how to terminate cheap LC

Those aren't field assembly connectors, ie the ones with a pre-cleaved polished
stub and gel.  Those require epoxy and polishing.  Not sure why you would use
them.  FS also carries field connectors in the splice on and index gel version.
 If you are doing any kind of volume, it makes a whole lot more sense to buy
pigtails for .65 each and splice them yourself.