Chuck wrote:
> They honestly expected Qwest and Comcast to ride their network.
  What alternate reality do these people live in?

> I personally am philosophically opposed to governments providing goods or
> services that private companies can do.  Obviously streets are better done
> by government.  Arguably water and sewer.  I have lived in cities with two
> power companies.  But all the rest should be done by commercial providers.
  Why do you draw the line at the utilities and the infrastructure you listed?
What makes them so special?

> More importantly government should never compete with businesses.
> They have many unfair advantages.
  What unfair advantages do you feel they have?

  Government businesses have to pay off debt, make payments in lieu of taxes
and absorb losses like everybody else.

Jared